Sunday, 15 July 2012

Re Submit - Documentary - Cross Fit

Cross Fit Documentary

Exercise has been a large part of our family life and being the youngest in the family I have been dragged to many sporting events in my younger years. Now as I young adult I have more recently discovered the benefits of personal training in a particular gym called Body to Burn. There is a new style of fitness called cross fit that is sweeping the nation. I have observed this new style of training that is based on an elite program that had been designed for the New York police riot squads and SAS commandos. It realise on old school weights and gym movements but in a very elite way.

Every Saturday whilst training I share the gym with a bunch very fit people who meet up and do cross fit. I’ve always wondered how they could do it to themselves so early in the morning when even I am finding my training difficult all I have to do is look across the room and find them box jumping, weights or on the bars  looking focused and  determined. By the end of the crazy session they are so tired but a simply able to talk and laugh with the people around them.

My aim was to organise four photo shoots, each at different times of the day, as no one training session is the same (I think this is what makes cross fitters more motivated). I managed to talk to Bernie who owns the gym and whom I know well. We decided to take one session at 6am, one session in the afternoon, one session in the middle of the day and one session at 6.30pm. My aim was to take six solid photographs documenting what they do during a Cross Fit training session; to show the type of exercises and the determination on their faces to complete their routines through to their relief and exhaustion.

Critique

Compared to my first submission I feel that this documentary is more targeted in subject and location and tells a story from a number of training sessions divided into a start, middle and finish. A number of the athletes have been training in this form of exercise for up to three years together and they have formed a great friendship bond beyond the transformation of their body shapes. They have shared blistered hands, aching bodies and buckets of sweat along with exaggerated storylines over early morning breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment